There are many reasons why an individual should consider the purchase of a personal umbrella policy. Please find below just a few of the reasons.
Why Should an Individual Purchase a Personal Umbrella Insurance Policy?
A personal umbrella policy is among the best values in insurance today. For as little as $255 a year, you can purchase $1M of additional coverage from us that provides protection for you, personally, in excess of the limits provided in the required underlying Auto & Home policies.
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, you probably need a personal umbrella policy:
- Do you have assets that you would like to protect?
- Do you have sizable earnings or a high profile career?
- Do you have a youthful driver in your home?
- Do you own a dog?
- Do you serve on the board of a non-profit organization?
- Do you own a swimming pool?
This is only a partial list of potential personal liability exposures. In our society, you never know what might trigger a lawsuit. Even if the suit is groundless, defense costs can be substantial. Our umbrella policy provides the coverage you need to help handle these defense and liability costs.
Optional Group Personal Umbrella
Why Should a Bank Sponsor a Group Personal Umbrella Program?
Many banks now require that their executives show proof of personal umbrella insurance each year. They require this because while a personal umbrella policy provides extra protection for an individual (as above), it can also provide some indirect coverage benefits to the bank as well.
Here are just a few of the reasons other banks have given as to why they now require that senior executives maintain a personal umbrella policy:
- A general concern for the well-being and protection of the bank’s employees – especially should an employee one day become enmeshed in a personal lawsuit where legal and liability costs prove to be extensive.
- The bank’s legal structure might create a potential for joint and several liability.
- A concern about Host Liquor Liability, where an executive of the bank hosts a party at their house and a client (or prospect or employee) is injured.
- Likewise, the potential for liability clawing back to the bank where an executive drives their personal car while transporting clients or prospects or employees.
These banks view the group personal umbrella format as being an easy (and inexpensive) means to bring this important coverage benefit to their employees. Also, the group vehicle allows for a simple means to confirm proof of this coverage from each employee.